Lamont Ducking WICC/WEBE Scheduled Thursday Night Debate Lamont Must Be Feeling Heat

BRIDGEPORT --- Ned Lamont this afternoon withdrew from a scheduled Thursday night gubernatorial debate at Fairfield University sponsored by radio stations WEBE 108 & WICC 600.

The debate had been scheduled for weeks, and was to be a one hour, two podium styled debate moderated by WICC morning show host Mark Bellamy.  Dr. Gary Rose from Sacred Heart University was to be one of the panelists.  The debate was to be broadcast on WICC 600 on the AM dial and online.

“The heat of this campaign must be getting to Ned Lamont.  By ducking this debate, Ned Lamont must be trying to avoid continued questions why he laid off 70% of his workers while taking a $500,000 salary, at the same time he was a member of an exclusive almost all-white Greenwich country club,” said Jackie James, Ganim campaign manager.

“With personal wealth of over $100-million, Ned Lamont is clearly trying to buy this election through his TV ads and avoid scrutiny of his record.  It’s unfortunate that Ned Lamont is going to deny the listeners of WICC and WEBE an opportunity to hear Ned Lamont and Joe Ganim discuss the important issues facing our state,“ said James.